Tuesday, May 6, 2008

YO! LOLZ I'M JUST LETTIN fools KNOW WHU i B RIGHT?~!

My name is John Verchot.
I'm 23 and I live in decatur AL with my pregnant wife. (Judah Verchot will debut sometime in the next 2 weeks!)
I work as customer support for LG electronics. (our monitors are really great!)
I am a roman catholic.
I make music, and I hope I can sell all 500 of my albums when I make them.

I can't tour obviously since I'm a family man, so I often wonder why I'm even making an album. Is it futile? Should I let the dream die? People tell me I'm pretty good at what I do, and my peers that make music sometimes ask me for advise, so that makes me feel fairly confident about what I do. I've done about 8 or so live shows in the surrounding area, in Huntsville and chattanooga, so I wouldn't say I'm inexperienced.

From a lifestyle standpoint, how do indie musicians tour at all? how can they put things like jobs and rent on hold for (I assume about a month)
Do they only do it once a year?
I doubt that through the internet alone, that one can sustain a music career. I got an ok start for a "myspace musician" I have a track on vinyl on this obscure french label called "peace off records" (even though I don't really make breakcore anymore)

What I REALLY want, is to be a one hit wonder. I want to have a #1 dance hit somewhere. I wouldn't mind so much if I never had another hit.
I wonder if I'll get 1/4th of that far...

No comments: