Monday, January 19, 2009

CHILLAXEN LIKE BILL PAXTON

I mean obviously...

I'm good, the band is coming along well. I think I've about got all the equipment I need, though I really would like a loop pedal. I could definitely use that.
Here's the songs we've got so far:

-Killer Unicorn
-Fire and bees
-If the meek shall inherit the earth (then we'll take to the sky)
-Flight of the Timberwolf
-Wooden room.

Our songs are pretty weird. fire and bees and Wooden Room are the closest things to a traditional song... I think that our band is mainly going to be "Instru-metal", with minimal lyrics...I really don't like bands without ANY lyrics....all the songs tend to bleed together. There are several songs I'd like to cover, but our setup is so weird that most songs really don't translate well at all. one of them that I haven't tried yet is "pumpin 4 the man" by ween....maybe. OOH! I just had a great idea! we should try "enjoy the silence" by depeche mode! I'll give it a shot. Hey you never know...

I forgot about an song I wrote on a casio keyboard some 3-5 years ago called "Monster Truck Driver" I think it will translate very well for The Black Descendants of Thomas Jefferson.

I wanna be a monster truck driver
I wanna go to all the county fairs
I wanna wear leather pants and a strong mustache

I wanna be a monster truck driver
I wanna be a monster truck driver
I wanna be a monster truck driver
I wanna be a monster truck driver

I wanna live off chicken-on-a-stick.
I want carnies to be my best friends
I wanna smell like diesel fuel, and stale cigarettes.

I wanna be a monster truck driver
I wanna be a monster truck driver
I wanna be a monster truck driver
I wanna be a monster truck driver

Pulitzer shit, I know.

if I'm not mistaken, you can click on here, then look under songs on my stickam player and listen to it.

No comments: